Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some Things Never Change

When I go to the grocery store here in Genoa, I take a really long time. It's hard to know what to buy when I can't quite figure out all the labels. I can read about 25% of the language (that's a generous guesstimate), and of course pictures on the labels help, but I don't really know if I'm going to like what I'm buying. One time I was looking for some snacks to satisfy my sweet tooth, and I bought what looked like twinkies filled with chocolate. Sounds great, right? Well, the little cakes are really dry, and don't have that much chocolate in them - HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.  There is one thing I can count on, though, and that's Coca-Cola. I prefer Dr. Pepper, but I have yet to see one in Italy, so it's Coke all the way, everyday! Plus, I like the tall cans here, we need these in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment