Monday, June 13, 2011

The Genoa Coast

Today I went for a long walk by myself down the Genoa coast to an area I haven't been before. It took about an hour from our villa just to reach the shore, and then from there I was able to walk another 30 minutes along the shore. The first photo you see is the sidewalk that runs parallel to the shore. On the other side of the walking area are private beach areas, complete with swimming pools, tennis courts, football (soccer) playing areas, and restaurants. I also found this beautiful arch, though I know nothing about it. I'm sure it celebrates a military victory, as most of them do. Also, you'll notice the beautiful anchors made from flowers. Look for the girl modeling for her mom in the picture. The total walk took about 4 hours, good thing the high temperature was only about 75 degrees today!






No comments:

Post a Comment