Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Duomo

The one thing that makes Florence stand out is the beautiful dome on the Cathedral. It's still one of the largest, if not the largest stone Dome ever built. I finally climbed all the way to the top today, and it offered an amazing view of Florence and the surrounding country. I also witnessed my 4th Michelangelo masterpiece since arriving in Italy, his 14 ft. statue of David. The other three masterpieces include the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, his Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica, and his sculpture of Moses for Pope Julius II's tomb.

I'm exhausted due to a lack of sleep. I've got sinus congestion due to allergies, and my legs are sore from all the walking. Hopefully I can rest soon, but for now, I've got to do as much as I can. Goodnight.


1 comment:

  1. Keep on grindin'. You know. Fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete