Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Enjoying a Mississippi State Basketball game.

Well, it's Father's Day, and unfortunately I have to spend it without my family. Alisha was kind and forward-thinking enough to get me a present to bring to Italy before I left (isn't she thoughtful?). I haven't opened it yet, I'm waiting until we can all get on Skype. Being a father is absolutely wonderful and way more awesome than I ever imagined it would be. I love Joan and Charlotte so much, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them. They give me so much joy. Some of the things we love to do together are sing, attend Mississippi State sporting events (maybe that's just me), watch movies, go to the pool, play outside, and draw. I wouldn't be a father if it weren't for Alisha, so let me tell you that I love you and I thank you so much for my beautiful daughters.

They're just too cute!
I have to wish a special happy Father's Day to my own pop, Ross. I love you so much, you're one of my best friends, and you are the example I look to when it comes to being a father. I wish we had more time to spend together fishing, cooking, and just joking around. I can't wait for you to come to Starkville for the LSU game in the fall!

There's only one man who's generosity matches my own father's, and that's my father-in-law, Poppa John Guilbeaux. One of the many benefits of marriage is that you get a whole new family, and it has been such a pleasure building a relationship with Alisha's father. Thank you Poppa John for treating me as a son and friend.

Happy Father's Day!

Here we are with my parents and my in-laws enjoying a baseball game.


Alisha loves this picture: Proof that I'm a redneck Dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment