Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lucca

Thursday evening, after spending a day at the beach in Monterosso, several of us traveled to Lucca and stayed in a hostel there. Lucca is a beautiful town, with it's old city wall still intact. One can walk across the city in half an hour, and most people there just ride bicycles. It was a quick but enjoyable experience. I rode the train back to Monterosso Friday to spend a few more hours at the beach, then rode home to Genoa. I arrived at the villa around 9:00 pm. Yesterday, Saturday, was a mostly quiet day. I took a walk through town but didn't see anything new. Today I went to Mass at 10:00 am, and I'll probably go walk around again this afternoon. Ciao!

We stumbled upon a religious procession through Lucca. 

I later learned it was the feast of Corpus Christi.
Piazza in Lucca near Orsanmichele.
Panorama of outside of Lucca's city wall. 

Sam, London, Salena, Richard, John, Stephanie, & James.


No comments:

Post a Comment