Monday, July 11, 2011

Genoa Travel Poster

This is probably my final post on Jude In Italy! I've been home for over a week now and I'm glad to be back. I had one piece of unfinished business, though, and that was to finish this poster I started while in Italy. I started with a simple idea: create a beautiful travel poster that promoted Genoa and the Italian Riviera. I used the Lighthouse of Genoa on the poster because of its significance as a port city. The colors are inspired by the Italian flag, and they also kinda remind me of Gelato.

In addition to designing the poster, I recorded the whole creation process on my computer, then spliced it together and sped it up. I've seen this done before, but had never done it myself. The entire design took around four and a half hours, and the video below is 40 times the actual speed. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading my blog!



4 comments:

  1. that is sweet jude! Katie and I are impressed as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that it only took you 4.5 hours to make that! I want one for Evelyn's room. The video is fascinating too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was AMAZING! I will do my best to take the time to re-create my poster in a way that would make you proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic poster and video, Jude! It was incredible to actually see your process. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete